Tuesday, October 16, 2018

'I said I would do it' Oct 9,2018

I said we would have more success this week
We did
Many many people came to watch general conference with us this week, which makes me oh so happy because a few of them will in fact be able to be baptized before I leave. Julietta is a great story, months ago she found two Elders in the street and invitedthem over for an english class homework she needed help on. They taught a few times and became friends, but lost contact and didn't go back. When I arrived here I saw the teaching record of her family and wanted to go visit them. The first time we swung by, she was asleep. I thought "Ah, crap.", but decided to put an appointment anyway. We came back, and she is AMAZING! She is SO prepared. We taught her on Wednesday for the first time and came to church to watch conference... in English. She saw the baptismal font afterwards and told me she feels "una paz inmensa" every time she is with us. Yesterday we had another appointment and told us that while our good friend Gabriel was sharing his testimony, she felt like crying and she loves it when we come over. And she's only 16! At 16 the only thing that could make me cry was seeing Kraft mac & cheese ready on the stove when I would get home after work. She is super good! We also have Arnulfo, Sol, Sandra, Yarel, Emiliano, Brenda, and a few others that are really excited to be meeting with us. They are all doing so well. Elder Uhlig and I are working hard so that I don't end up dead and not working in a few weeks. 

We currently work in a place called "Mesa de Los Hornos", a famous colony for once being filled with ovens, it is now not oven, but drug labs that occupy this peaceful and beautiful section of town. Everyone is scared to death to go there with us. Gabriel's face last night when we ran away from him in the middle of the dark was priceless! Anyway, people say it's dangerous and poor and scary, but lo and behold, a 600,000 dollar Rolls Royce Phantom slows creeps down the dirty streets of Los Hornos, buys some tacos, and vanishes. Trust me, that car over here is worth more than everyone's life in my whole area, a staggering 13 million pesos. And if you can buy a soda for 10 pesos, imagine 13 millions of them. So that was cool

Gabriel is a beloved friend of ours and he goes on a lot of visits with us. This week he said something important. "(your name here) without God, stops being (your name here)". It is cool to see how recent converts can teach even 23 month old missionaries. 
Conference was great, an important theme or phrase from conference was that The Gospel of Jesus Christ leads to Eternal Life. I'm serious, there were like 7 different talks that mentioned that. If you want to get back to God, follow the 4 first principles and ordinances of the Gospel. That is EXACTLY what we have been teaching our investigators and it just makes sense for everyone. But I'm not gonna blab about conference cause you all should have seen it too.... I hope. 

Well, I hope you all have had a great week, I sure did. Annnddd I'm coming home in less than a month, I'll be sending 3 more of these bad boys action packed super funny 5 star critic rated emails before I'm sitting on my couch with nothing to do but eat pizza. No pictures, sorry. Bye! 


No comments:

Post a Comment