Wednesday, October 24, 2018

T-minus 15 days 10-23-18

Well
What can I say
I go home in 2 weeks and a day
Our baptisms all fell lol so I won't be baptizing anyone before I go home
We are just taking the week relax. No need to kill myself like I have my whole mission. I have this wierd craving to read the Book of Mormon. Just finished it in a month and I started it again, I think I'll finish before I go home. Thought I'd show everyone up and read it 3 times before December. ha. 

This week we went on companion exchanges with Aculco and Xochimilco. Aculco was new for me, but I liked it. We knocked on this one lady's door, and she asked who we were and then locked the door on us, so we walked over by the window and she ran inside and shut the window too haha, I love it because it's like we were gonna rob her idk. Then we taught a guy named Miguel, and he said his religion was Yoga.... aight, that's cool, no biggie, we explained being baptized by immersion with the Priesthood and receiving the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. 
I looked him in the eyes and said "Miguel, did your Yoga instructor baptize you by immersion?"
Miguel, straight faced: "Yes."
Me, confused at why yoga instructors are baptizing by immersion, asked "And did you receive the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands after your baptism?" }
Miguel: "absolutely."
Brothers and sisters we are in the wrong church, the true one is yoga hahahahahah no wait dont get me wrong I know this is the truth but dang that guy was so funny

We went to Xochimilco, and we were talking to this kid in the street and some 14 year old girl in her house ran up to the window and make heart signs and kissy faces at me. So we knocked on her door and they said they had heard the missionaries years ago and wanted to learn more. Flirt to convert. 

No pictures, sorry guys! It's cause I hate carrying around a camera, a phone in the pocket is so much easier than a big camera in a small bag. Plus I look dumb taking it out and taking pictures with it. You'll see enough pictures of me when I get home haha. 
Just enjoying life out here, trying to eat a bunch of mexican stuff before I go home. I got a tortilla maker so swing by my house when I get home to eat some authentic CDMX food

I saw a cool quote on a huge wall in Mexico City the other day. It read: "What satisfies the soul..... is the truth." Also, Snickers can satisfy but only those two things okay? Snickers and the truth, which means visiting someone, teaching them the Gospel and then giving them a Snickers is the key to eternal life. -Thought by Elder Wilson. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week, I'll be in the USA in 15 days baby!! WOoo! See you next week losers










No comments:

Post a Comment